Friday, April 11, 2008

We Have the All Clear! Now It's Time to Lace Up Those Shoes to Stay Warm!

Good Morning! Things worked out really well for us last night and this morning. No more thunderstorms are expected. Get out and enjoy those balmy temperatures while you can! We will feel about 40 degrees colder tomorrow with a chance of a few snow flurries by Saturday evening and Sunday. You can thank a dry slot working in today for a wonderful Friday. But it will be windy with some wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph at times. This weekend may be cold, but we can handle it! We are hardy hoosiers and we do not have to worry about blizzard conditions like they are dealing with up in Duluth, Minnesota. Next week 70s will return without the storms so it will all balance out in the end. Now this weekend I cannot wait for the Purdue 5k Cancer Center Challenge. I look forward to seeing you out there. Here is so more information for you below.

http://www.cancer.purdue.edu/Purdue5K/index.php


You can have fun and make a difference. It will be a great way to stay warm as well! It is what I call good running weather. I will have your running and weekend forecast posted on here later today and also a few more thoughts on Vicky and just how lucky we were. Have a great day and weekend! I am off to a book fair, teacher conference, and Monticello to talk to those that went through the big April 3, 1974 tornado. More details will be posted here in the future on what I find! One thing is for sure.....we dodged a Super Outbreak this time around and we are all counting our blessings here at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thank you Mike for staying up and watching for what we thought was going to be a long night. I was hoping for some good thunderstorms (none that turned severe)cause I love thunderstorms. I wish that winter would end and bring on the spring warm weather. Well thanks again Mike for a very good of keeping up all informed.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful day despite the wind. Love the warm temp. now it sounds like we need to get out our coats again???

Thanks Mike for watching this storm so close.

I for one was not hoping for a good thunderstorm. I am sure one will get us before too long.

Anonymous said...

You are right - we should definitely count our blessings! I was talking to my family in MN - and some family members (in Duluth) lost power, due to the Blizzard they were getting up north!

It will be a shock to have the chilly weather back - but it is only temporary, right?

I am looking forward to learning more about the tornado in Monticello - that will be extremely interesting.

Thanks for the great work!

River Lover
West Lafayette