Friday, April 18, 2008

Good Sleeping Weather Tonight & Keep Those Weekend Plans


Kathy Moon sent this picture of a beautiful sunrise in Monon after our earthquake. If this is earthquake weather I certainly like it! Is there such a thing? Why did some folks celebrate our earthquake Friday with meatballs? So many questions, so little time. But I will have answers here for you when I catch up.


The good news is I am not picking up any lightning on Live Doppler 18 Precision and after a couple of wild nights in a row for our area it looks like we may get through tonight peacefully. There is only a slight chance of a rumble of thunder late night and first thing on Saturday. It looks like most of the rain this weekend will be on our Friday night and early Saturday before 10 a.m. I am confident that most of us will end up with a quarter-inch or less of rain so I am not going to name this wimpy storm. These words may come back to haunt me, but I have to stick by my forecast. A sliver of rain on Live Doppler 18 is just not enough to name a storm and it should basically fizzle out over the Midwest this weekend. So get ready for a mainly dry weekend!

Here are a few more aftermath facts this weekend. I think the aftershocks should stay under 2.9 on the Richter scale. It should be tough to really feel any more tremors, but our pets may still be able to feel some vibrations. So make sure you give a little extra love to those pets and watch after them a little more carefully than you normally would. Some pets around the area are still acting spooked. So I should say we have good sleeping weather for humans tonight, but the pets may not be so lucky.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the pets
we have dogs and thay were acting weird all day. But whats funny is the dogs know before we do last night are little dog was really jumpy and was barking all night and come to find out that next morning we had an earthquake.

Anonymous said...

My dogs kept running to the doors then the windows all day through out this evening. For the first today they are resting, as a matter of fact one is snoring, funny! She had a rough time of it. Both of my dogs woke me around 5:30 am and have been restless since. My bird starting thrashing in her cage before the quakes. Poor babies.

Anonymous said...

my dog was restless all sunday afternoon, she slept very close to me when we went to bed. Around 1:30 am she woke me up she was up and down on the bed, just a few mins, later I felt minor shaking of my bed.