Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Latest Snowflakes Since 1977, Now We Can Party Like Its 1999


Happy Birthday Abbey! My 1999 daughter. She was the first one in the Prangley family born and raised in Indiana. She is like most Hoosiers and that is extra sensitive when it comes to the weather. Abbey is the neighborhood warden when it comes to severe weather. My neighbors know that she better not catch you outside during thunderstorms and especially when the sirens go off! She leads my family next door to Kathy's house during tornado warnings because Kathy has a basement. I remember taking her to my school talks when she was only 6 months old. I think she paid close attention well before she could walk or talk. Now she still does get scared during thunderstorms because she respects nature. But she is getting better! I have her to thank for being so calm on the air during tornadoes because when I talk to that camera it is like I am talking to her and working her through what to do and how to keep her calm. I cannot believe Abbey is 9 years old! Her one request on her birthday was for no thunderstorms and she got it and a few more nice presents from Mom and Dad. Abbey, I love you and am very proud of you!

We have come a long way since Monday night with our latest snowflakes reported in many areas since late April of 1977 which was one of our blizzard years. Now Abbey's request for nice tranquil Spring weather will not last long. Our severe weather season will crank back up again by Friday. More details on the way! I also have some snow stats to share with you. Was Mary Anne on to something yesterday when she said the Mother's Day snow of 1968 was our latest on record? We shall see!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike! YOU do NOT have a basement??? Shame on you! just kidding. I can bet you do have a storm plan for your family.

I am anxious to see what you find out about that Mother's Day. It was either 1968 or 1969.

Mary Anne

THANKS for today. It was beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Mike: I remember the spring of 1977, because our first child was born in June of that year. It was so crazy....snowed in April, but then got so warm that the lilacs came out at the end of the month, and by the time June 4th. came around it felt like the middle of summer! Life is a weather circus in Indiana.
Love your blog and all the little tidbits about your family life. Keep up the good work!!
R.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Mike.. dont leave us hanging.. Over 5 hours ago you said you would post more about the year of 68 and other years.. Plus, what you think about Friday's storms.. As a hobby i watch and chase storms.. I am constantly watchin the nws. and spc. during severe weather days.. and ever so often look to see what you are saying, even tho i live over 5o miles away from lafayette.. Cant wait for your updates!!! Thank you.. and a word of caution to all.. remember your weather safety tips Friday and all other days when weather threatens ! Thank You Brandon C.

Anonymous said...

I guess this shows how young I am...the latest snow I can remember was while I was in school still (6th grade perhaps?)and it snowed during my spring break!!! (It was the last week of March that year)

Thanks for the info, and get home and stop blogging all night!HAHA

ps: Happy Birthday Abbey!

Anonymous said...

I just want to give a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to abbey.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://itiwapyxu.servetown.com/xexemi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]