Thursday, June 5, 2008

Space Shuttle and International Space Station in the Sky Tonight!

10:15 p.m. It was an incredible sight and the space shuttle has in fact caught up to and docked with the international space station. It was confirmed with one huge bright shining object that looked even brighter than the planet Jupiter as it crossed the sky. This is a good thing for the ISS since the shuttle Discovery has a new robotic arm for its use. Discovery also has the tools to fix the broken bathroom on the ISS. :) My camera did not do a good job catching this. If you have any pictures send them in!

The two space ships went over on cue from 9:59 p.m. to 10:03 p.m.

Now back to reality...I am checking on the thunderstorms for the 11 p.m. show.

The International Space Station passes overhead at 9:57 p.m. 20 degrees above the horizon in the north-northwest sky and will be followed by the Space Shuttle chasing after it at 9:59 p.m. and the Shuttle will be visible until 10:03 p.m. as these spaceships both race out of view off to the east. I am getting ready to go on the roof. This will be a nice relaxing break from the storms that is for sure!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never never seen it, will watch tonight for it tonight.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Okay I have had enough !! Morgan had a GREAT 2nd birthday, but my mind was focused more on the Friday weather than here with my cuttie ! I am at a nervous breakdown point ! I went out today and my last stop was at walmart and I wanted to get a weather radio and they said they didn't sell them anymore ! I couldn't go anywhere else because it was late and kids needed a nap ! I guess I will have to rely on what I have, but I am hugely fearful of another evening / overnight event. Our basement is already wet and we can't sleep down there ! I am not sure I feel completely safe here and I don't know where I would feel safe enough with my family ! You think that we could spend the night in the purdue tunnels ? I don't think that I will sleep well tonight ! I am at my wits end !

Anonymous said...

Try to stay calm all of us bloggers and mike prangley will all do are parts to help keep everyone safe I have a weather radio and I plan to tell everyone when it go's off and what it is for and what location it is for.

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info on the softwere I just got the grlevel3 free trial and so far I like it thanks.

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

We saw it, thanks for the heads up, you always go above and beyond.

Anonymous said...

Darn I didnt see it again!

Now to Romney Scaredy Cat better get some rest this evening, because it does look to be a long Friday!
My Basement is wet as well, its more like a crawl space, I have to go outside to get down their, Just like in the Wizard of Oz, however I set up a couple of chairs, blankets, extra clothes and a first aid kit, just in case, I also have a flashlight and radio and water,one never knows!, The basement is small and wet, but I would rather be down there if a tornado were to hit! I am sure we will both be on this blog tomorrow. Sleep well! And glad your little darling had nice 2nd birthday, Like Justin said Mike will keep us informed,

t

t

Anonymous said...

I have to give one my dogs. doggie tranqs. She gets so frightened of storms, She will start pacing hours before the storm ever gets near, wonderful radars they are. The 4th of July is really painful for her. Folks remember to give your, pets, animals, shelter from the storms, they have feelings too!

Anonymous said...

romney scaredy cat....

severe weather is frightenig, but you need to stay strong for your children. NOTHING scares a child more than seeing their parent scared. no matter how upset you are, your kids should see a pilar of strength.

however, if you kids are like mine, i have force my 4-yr old away from the windows during storms! she, like i, LOVE thunderstorms - esp. lightening!

anyway...try to enjoy the beauty of mother nature, and keep tuned into mike's blog and forcast. he's amazing at his job and i know for a fact he won't sleep until every warning has expired! he truely cares about people and the weather, and we're very lucky to have such a dedicted person watching over us!

try to have a great weekend all!!!