Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back Under a Moderate Risk of Severe Weather By Friday

What do you get with the strongest June storm since 1974 and high upper level winds still nearby? You have another moderate risk of severe weather. Last night it looked like our Bermuda high would be strong enough to push those stronger storms to our west for at least a few days, but since we will be on the northern edge of this high pressure it may not be strong enough to cap our atmosphere and more storms are on the way. I will keep you updated.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, we just spoke on the phone. I don't remember the June storm 1n 1974, Is that when Monticello was hit?? I will be watching your blog very close tomorrow, My daughter is going to bondfire, hot dogs and all. Its a School is out for the summer party. Hope they have good weahter.

Thanks for your updates

Teri In Lafayette

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the typo errors!!!!
t.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for all the great help!!!

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Just checked out my map's and it look's like the main threat is going to be stright line wind hail and of course cloud to ground lightning which with any storm you cant rule out cloud to groung lightning. Also as of now the worst of the storms are between 7:00pm and 9:00pm.

Justin in lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Justin did you find radar software?
I have checked out a few sights but all looks so complex.

t

Anonymous said...

OH NO! the storms between 7:00 and 9:00 my daughters party is to start at 7:00!

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to fine radar software Im still looking into that grlevel3. As for the weather there is still time for it to change so we will have to keep an eye out and I'll keep you posted.

Justin in laf.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I was just watching the weather channel and they have us in the target zone. Said most likely super cells, ect. looks like its going to last in Sat.

t