Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mean & Green Skies Bring Unusual Clouds to Our Area, But No Confirmed Tornadoes


The rest of our Saturday will feature better weather to move our way, especially after 2 p.m. We will likely see one last line of thunderstorms form today, but it looks like areas farther south and east of Lafayette will have the better chance of seeing strong storms. I am in the process of reviewing all the data, radar shots, pictures, and eyewitness accounts from Friday's severe weather. I will have a full report coming your way by Sunday. Sunday we will only have highs in the 70s with a few more pop up showers but no severe weather is expected. Get ready for rainbow weather since we will have splash and dash showers mixed with plenty fo dry hours this weekend. We certainly had beautiful rainbows around the area. Here were some of those great pictures. I am glad we talked about rainbow weather here on the blog earlier in the week. That is one prediction that certainly came true and I see more rainbows like these below in our future.


Thank you Brian and Marcia Tolley. This double rainbow was taken near Mulberry. I enjoyed the fireworks celebration there a few weeks ago. Nature put on quite a show of its own.

Rebeka was working on her 4-H project when nature provided her with the ultimate prize picture. Thank you Rebeka and Melissa Bishop. Have a great day and we will look for more rainbows this weekend. Have a great day. Here is to better weather ahead!

Thanks again to the best bloggers in the world! You did a great job sending in pictures and verification of exactly what happened what not have been possible without you. Keep sending in those pictures to storm@wlfi.com to help keep us all safe and ahead of the storm.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mike and the wlfi weather team you do a great job.

There are some storms going through warren, fountain, vermillion, and momtgomery, county
there are no watches or warnings with that system as of now so far just some good thunderstorms!

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Ok all we are in the clear I see no more storms for the day.
Romney scaredy cat hopefuly you can get your house painted today as well.

Everyone did a good job last night and I'll see you all soon!

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reports Mike, good job.

Anonymous said...

I posted this yesterday and am still upset that the pools wait unitl they hear thunder to report to the people, they should at least warn people that a T-watch is in affect! My kids are 15 and 16
I just called one of our local outdoor swimming pools, warned them that bad storms were on their way soon! They said the lifegaurds are watching the radar, and they will let everyone know as soon as it starts to thunder. I am at work and have kids there that are to walk home! What on earth are they thinking??? Waiting for thunder?? They should warn people before hand

Worried mom

Anonymous said...

Everyone have a good weekend. I am starting to see some sunshine, so I think that I am going to cut my day short here at work today and go home for some R&R.

See ya next week!

Anonymous said...

Brow if you dont mine how do you post your pictures on here to were all we have to do is click on your name? Because somethimes I have some pictures I would like to share with you all. Love your pictures and if you could tell me that would be great thanks!!!

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

I was watching an indy channel they have a t-watch displayed, any one know which counties are under the watch? south of here?