Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Breaking News: A Major Christmas Snowstorm is Possible


1:45 p.m. Stunning new weather data arrives in Lafayette from Washington, D.C.



It is still early but when you see the potential on a couple long-range models of 6 or more inches of snow on Christmas day you need to pass it on. The break in the active weather will be much shorter than previously thought. We will be bright for Christmas Eve with possible heavy snow developing on Christmas. Since only a couple models show the storm I will watch things very closely the next couple days. By the weekend I should be able to verify that another big snowstorm is on the way. I want to wait until there is more agreement, but in the La Nina pattern we are currently in which keeps hitting us with big storms, my gut tells me we are in for another big one. I already have a T-Shirt that says I survived the blizzard of 1978. I need to add another T-Shirt to my collection that says I survived the great snow year of 2007 which will be going down in the books as the snowiest year on record for Lafayette.

No comments: