Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Heavy Burst of Snow Comes Early and Higher Amounts of Snow Looking Likely

Here comes the snow again! The wintry mix was supposed to hang on through early evening, but temperatures have dropped to 28 here in Lafayette and we could see an inch of snow per hour for the next few hours.....

LATEST UPDATED FORECAST AS OF 4:50 P.M.

1 TO 3 INCHES BY 7 P.M.
1 TO 3 ADDITIONAL INCHES BY MIDNIGHT

SNOW TOTALS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES WITH THE HIGHER AMOUNTS IN A LINE FROM ATTICA TO WEST LAFAYETTE TO LOGANSPORT AND TO THE SOUTHEAST...

STAY TUNED....WHAT A WINTER!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness what a pretty sight! You have been right on this forcast Mike! just want to know why tv 18 doesnt show winter snow warning in the upper corner like all the other all channels. Our school look at that ya know

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!!! I'm in Frankfort and I have NEVER seen snowflakes this big in this part of Indiana. I grew up up north in the region and we had some pretty wicked storms there, but these snowflakes are HUGE!!!

Anonymous said...

I just left Ivy Tech at 5pm-it took me over an hour to get to West Lafayette! When I went into class at 330 it wasn't even snowing so I thought I was okay-only to find out 30 minutes later that they were cancelling the school due to the conditions and was very surprised to find almost white out conditions!

Anonymous said...

what the snow I hope this is winters last...

Anonymous said...

What about this wind?In in our back yard I we have 3 inches of snow,that is on the north side of my house, on the south side the snow is drifting and a have so far messured a six inch drifts, The front of my house faces east my door is now freezing and the snow is really stacking up,dont want to go out again now it feels that it is a rain mix again.
What crazy weather, I am watching cars slipping and sliding down kossuth street, they are going way to fast1