Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day Parade Full of Sunshine and Nature Helping to Wave American Flags



Thursday, November 11, 2010 ( 8 a.m. Update Mike's Weather Blog)

Veterans Day is here and we are all getting ready for the big parade downtown Jacksonville at 11 a.m. Here is what it will look like out your weather window. But it is so nice you do not want to be looking out a window, you will want to be outside. It is picture-perfect in our beautiful city that has a huge military influence. Yes, Jacksonville helps keep us the leaders of the free world! Temperatures will be in the lower 70s for the big parade and with a northeast wind near 10 mph  nature will help wave a few American flags as well! God bless the USA and we have a lot to be proud of weatherwise and otherwise. I am very emotional on this day for many reasons. My family has a very proud tradition of military service and both of my grandfathers served in World War 2. Without them none of my dreams would have become a reality. I wish I was at Arlington National Cemetery to pay my respects to several family members there, but just know I will be thinking and praying for them throughout the day, including when I do my weathercasts today. I will be in at noon and I will also see you this evening. In the meantime, it is a day of reflection and thanks.

A look around our great country:

If you are in the Midwest you will be hoisting up the red, white, and blue proudly in record-breaking warmth and sunshine. Lafayette, Indiana will break its all-time record high of 74 today with sunshine and a high of 75. Milwaukee here come the 60s and records for you too! Big changes are on the way for the weekend with highs about 30 degrees colder by Sunday and we do not even need to discuss the wind chills do we. Snow will fly from Wasau to northwest Wisconsin. It is a preview for a very stormy and interesting Thanksgiving.

 The nation's capital will bask in sunshine and lower 60s from Annapolis and the Naval Academy to Arlington National Cemetery. The only controversy will be all the talk of Donovan McNabb being benched for Rex Grossman.


It is also a very important time of year meteorologically and I will have more on the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald that occurred on November 10, 1975 this afternoon. I will post one of my favorite songs. Can you guess what it is? Cheers!

No comments: