Monday, September 1, 2008

Thanks for Another Great Year at the MDA Telethon! Thank You Julie for 13 Wonderful Years!



We are all so proud to be your only local television station. Jeff, Niccole, Sue, Seth, Alyssa, and I could not have planned a better way to spend our Labor Day Holiday. It is rewarding and to see all of the wonderful volunteers every year and the outpouring of love from this community to help those that cannot lead normal lives due to neuromuscular diseases. Thanks to you we helped to raise over 325,000 dollars which was a 6,000 dollar increase from last year. This is impressive considering the economy, gas prices, and that all eyes were on Hurricane Gustav lashing out a Louisiana. It is easy to see why the biggest reason I absolutely love living in Lafayette is the people. The biggest part of my job some would think is the television part but in reality the thing that keeps me going is not just tracking tornadoes or strange Indiana weather but getting involved in the wonderful community we have here. It is a one of a kind place that we live in and many folks find that out in a hurry when they move elsewhere. I know somebody from above was watching out for Julie and I when we moved here almost 10 years ago. We planned on living here only a couple years but it is just such a great family place that we have had absolutely no reason to move and we still do not. Today I was reminded of how lucky I am at the MDA Telethon! Thank you again! It was my 10th year doing the MDA Telethon and each year keeps getting better and better as more advances in treatments are made and we come closer to having life-saving cures to these diseases. Our dreams are now becoming a reality thanks to you!

Speaking of dreams coming true, it is hard to believe in just a few short minutes I am going to be celebrating my 13th wedding anniversary with Julie. It seems like just yesterday when I first met her. She was a beautiful, talented reporter at a television station in Jacksonville, Florida. Let me fill you in on a secret. Julie is the real television star of the family, not me. I would not be on television without her and all her support, not even close. More importantly, she is the shining star of our family and the best Mom, wife, and friend you could ask for. We have a total opposite schedule but have found a way to make it work. Yes, it takes hard work at times but it's well worth it. We are blessed many times over with our 3 beautiful daughters and I cannot thank her enough for all she does every day not just for me but for our 3 angels. I am convinced we were meant to be together and I look forward to a lifetime with Julie trying to show her how much I appreciate and care about her. Thank you Julie. I love you! Thanks for making my dreams come true on television and especially off the air. Now I had better sign off until later tomorrow. Thanks for reading. Who needs Hallmark when you have Julie. The words are just there!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, I am sure your wife is just as lucky as you are!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for supporting the MDA on your anniversary, you do an awesome job in everything you do.

Anonymous said...

I hope your wife realizes how lucky she is, there are plenty of us out here who would give anything for a husband like you, happy anniversary.