Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike Eyes Lafayette & The Crossroads of America With Flooding & Strong Storms

I just wanted to open a new thread here for you. Ike will be moving through our viewing area between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. There will be wind gusts of 40 mph and possible strong storms mainly between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. We cannot rule out damaging wind and possible brief tornadoes. The Storm Prediction Center has put us in a slight risk for storms. Flood warnings, wind advisories, and weather warnings will continue to increase as we head into the afternoon. The worst of the weather should be over by 6 p.m. but not before we pick up a quick 2 to 4 inches of rain with locally higher amounts mainly north and west of Lafayette. I will check back.

Tidbit: Monster raindrops hit my windshield on the way to work! This is a sign of a warm-core system and is it humid! Also check out how fast the clouds are moving, especially this afternoon. Please send in some of our very own Ike pictures and I will post and share as many as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try to get some picture's Mike... :)

I have been watching the wind gusts for the past few day's.
40-45 mph wind's Watch the power!!!

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

We are getting some light steady breezes now nothing to strong at this time.

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

I am going to make sure things on my deck are secure,I will also bring in the wind chimes they are close to a window!

The wind is picking a bit and like Justin said, nothing strong at this time.

Teri in Laf.

Anonymous said...

Good day for some to get cozy with a good book or watch an old movie, while others will be watching football! as for me I will be watching the weather!

Also Cook some comfort foods, like chili cheese nachos, hotdogs, brownies, all the healthy stuff:))) Its a junk food day for me!

Well I will be watching the weather!