Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An Inspiring Solstice Lunar Eclipse Love Story!


Tuesday, December 21, 2010 (10:00 p.m.)



Hello Mike!

I am proud to announce that she did, in fact, say yes!!!!

I taped the ring to the outer lens of a pair of binoculars and handed them to her, and as I had planned she noticed the obstruction and upon investigating she saw the ring, immediately smiled from ear to ear turned to me (I was already on one knee) and said yes (before running at me and knocking me on the ground :D ).

After a very long embrace and a very nice kiss, we both agreed that the night would never be forgotten but that it would be wise to retreat back to the warmth of our home!
Sincerely-
Justin Reeves

There you have it! This is what makes it all worth it. Last night Justin e-mailed me with his big plans for a marriage proposal. I gave him the thumbs up on the weather and the rest is history. Yes, the timing and weather were perfect. It was a night that many waited a lifetime for and then some. It had been about 400 years since we last had a solstice lunar eclipse and it will not take place at least for another 100. My congratulations to Justin and his fiancee! I wish you all the best in your future and may it be as beautiful and bright as last nights moon.

This picture you see was taken by Garrett Coley who is a sophomore at Bartram Trail High School. This was for his photo class. Well Garrett you have a lot of talent and you deserve an A++. Keep up the great work. Today as forecasted was short and sweet with love in the air as temperatures reached the middle to upper 60s. Our shortest day of the year was today with 10 hours and 11 minutes of daylight. We are now over the hump as the sun's direct rays move northward. Happy Winter Solstice! I will check back with you tomorrow for more on our winter outlook and why it will feel more like Spring to start before our wild weather ride. We will also check on how potent that winter storm will be for the Midwest and East Coast. Have a great night! Now I am off to talk about the Full Long Nights Moon during my weather cast. It has the highest arc in the sky than any other full moon! Enjoy! It will not be as cold as temperatures actually start rising after midnight.

No comments: