Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nice Glimpses of Sunshine Just A Tease-More Rain & Possible Sticking Snow on the Way

Special Blog Alert: Latest runs showing sticking snow in Indiana this weekend!

Thursday Night & Friday With Chief Meteorologist Mike Prangley

Forecast Focus: It was nice to see the sunshine again today but this nice break is about over with a vigorous storm on the way. We will have to name it as it is bringing plenty of wind and rain and eventually snow flurries along with our coldest temperatures of the year. We need a female name......Teri?

Tonight: Here comes the rain again. It will spread into the area after 11 p.m. Many areas will see an additional .25" of rain. Lows will be very mild near 50 degrees. It will turn breezy with southwest winds at 15 to 25 mph and gusty.

Friday: A wild day on the way we could see brief glimpses of sunshine pop out in the morning which will give way to afternoon showers and even a thunderstorm. Highs will be near 60 with falling temperatures to near 50 by late day. A southwest to west wind will be near 7 to 15 mph.

Friday Night & Saturday: Temperatures will fall to near 32 by late day Saturday with wind chills mainly in the 20s throughout Saturday. Expect rain Friday night changing over to snow showers with a few bursts of heavier snow possible by late day and early evening. A west to northwest wind will be at 15 to 30 mph and gusty.

Extended Outlook: We stay locked in the same pattern which means cold wintry shots of air will arrive about every 3 days along with unsettled weather. Saturday and Saturday night we will have to watch carefully with possible some snow accumulations for far northern Indiana and a light coating of snow even possible in our viewing area along with slick roads. This would be on Saturday. Make sure to stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about naming the storm Teri? thats my moms name, she would laugh:-)

Anonymous said...

I think the name for the next storm should be Teri. I know a Teri who always posts on this blog, I dont post much because of lack of a computer. I do know that Teri is full of vim and vigour and loves the Weather, I always call her when I want to know whats going on, if a storm is on the way ect. and she is always updated.

Mark the animal guy.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I just got home from a very busy day, one of the first things I do is check the blog.

We had a severe weather drill at school, all went smooth, As the Principle had stated, "the drill was of major importance, it is one that may used more than any of the other drills, for we Live IN Indiana"!

The forcast sounds to be interesting, Sticking snow??

Justin, sounds like your weather gage is going to get a work out:)

I am thinking of a name for this next storm, will post back after we eat dinner!

Teri in Laf.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I don't need to think of a name for this storm system.

I was dishing up ham and beans for dinner when my friend called, He stated he was watching TV 18, that there is storm on the way and it is named Teri. He was laughing for he said Teri the terrible LOL!

Sound to be terrble wx over the next few days.

Teri in Laf.

Anonymous said...

I like the name Teri!!

I know what you mean Teri with my rain gauge getting a work out!!

I'M looking at rainfall anywhere between a half of an inch to three quarters of an inch possible as of now!! Maybe a rumbel tomorrow as well....Windy on Saturday with winds between 25 and 30 mph!!

Don't you all love Indiana weather?? :-)

Have a great day / Night all.....

Justin in Lafayette

Anonymous said...

It's already getting windy out there!!! I was very surprised when I stepped outside