Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Back to Back 80s and Now Back to Reality


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It was all too good to be true. Our weather was right out of a Disney fairy tale especially with all the wild weather going on across the country. I had a nice run today and was bragging to my friends up north about how great it was to run in 80 degree weather! I dodged a few monarch butterflies and beautiful eagles were spotted around the area like this one. But we all know the weather does get cold in North Florida and South Georgia this time of year and sometimes like a flip of a switch! This reminded me of when I lived in Indiana. If you did not like the weather just wait five minutes. Check out our temperature drop from the National Weather Service Observations!

We went from 80 at noon to 61 degrees and a windy chilly mist by 4 p.m. By 7 p.m. it fell to 51 degrees and I had friends and family calling me and asking what my problem is? I guess they did not like the weather change and it goes to show you that being a weatherman is humbling in more than one way...lol. But I loved the ribbing but remember I do not control the weather. By 9 p.m. the temperature fell to 46 with wind chills in the 30s. Now feeling about 50 degrees cooler in only 8 to 9 hours, this is impressive even by Minnesota standards. The only thing that was missing was snow but wait....I start getting more texts about rumors starting around town about snow...now you know if there was a .01% chance of snow I would be shouting about it from the rooftops, so sadly I had to dispel that rumor but it certainly felt like snow.

Now before I go to bed I want to make sure you are ready for the morning. Okay, hats, gloves, and coats will be needed. I think lows will drop in the 30s and it will still be breezy. So wind chills could dip into the 20s. Highs in most areas will struggle just to hit 60! The good news is that this is only a cold snap and tonight I am more concerned about when and how much rain is on the way for the weekend. I will have your answers shortly. You stay warm and now I am off to help my kids with homework while heating up my favorite cup or two of Chocolate Kiss coffee! I will see you at noon and be back here on the blog in a jiffy!

No comments: