Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Sad Day for all Redskin & Football Fans


October 14, 2007 (Lambeau Field)

I write to you with a heavy heart today as Washington Redskin Sean Taylor passed away early this morning. He is pictured above in the upper right hand side of this picture staring in at Brett Favre. I took this picture last month at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Little did I know that this would be the last time I saw in person my favorite Redskin. I was born and raised in Washington, D.C. so everybody that knows me understands how much the Washington Redskins mean to me. They are like my extended family. For the Colts fans he was the Washington Redskins equivalent of Bob Sanders and then some. He was on his way to having a Hall of Fame career and was already in my book the best safety ever to play for the Redskins. He was only 24 years old. It will take awhile to sink in and I am still in shock. God had bigger plans for him and has picked up one heck of a safety. It was certainly tough coming to work today, but I am sticking it out just like Sean did every single time on the football field. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his family and may the NFL come up with some solutions to a growing problem. The NFL has now lost two promising athletes to senseless shootings in the past 11 months. Something needs to be done.

Tonight on the news I am tracking our first big winter storm to move our way. Meteorological winter begins Saturday and brings a wintry storm. Tune in for the latest and thanks for all your support.

No comments: