Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heavy Rain & Lightning the Main Threats over the Next Couple Hours

Everything is still on track with lightning and heavy rain the main threats. We did have one warning for southern Fountain County, but I have received no storm reports. I do not see training thunderstorms which is certainly a relief. Just be careful of ponding of water on the roadways as some areas could pick up a quick inch of rain with locally higher amounts close to 2 inches. Be safe and thanks for blogging and checking in with me. I wish I had more time to check in with you more often. But you are in good hands with Justin and Mary Anne while I am running the hallways here at WLFI, checking in with emergency management, and busy looking at Live Doppler 18 and Precision 18 storm scans. A special thanks to my weather intern Kevin Burris for helping to make sure Live Doppler 18 was updating on the web! Take care and thanks again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kevin

Anonymous said...

Look's like the worst is now starting to move out of the WLFI viewing area however there is still thunderstorm on the back side which I will keep a close eye on them and keep you posted.

As of now they don't look bad but like I said I will keep close eye.

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I've been checking that one too Justin. Just been some light rain and a few rumbles here in Monticello.

I think I am gonna scarf down some snacks and relax a bit now that everything seems to have calmed down...then I'll tune into WLFI to see what Mike has to say about what we had tonight.

Everyone have a good evening...anyone ready to start tracking snow yet? :)

Anonymous said...

Now Brow, dont say the S word yet. The storms out west are worth watching close for the next couple of hours

Anonymous said...

The only watch and or warning still in place is a flood warning for vermillion, and south fountain co, otherwise the rest of the veiwing area look's good.

By the look's of things we are out of the wood's till this weekend but let's not worrie about that just yet let's just get through tonight first.

Mary anne hope you are back and safe as well as all the bloggers.
Sleep tight I'll be here till all the storms are gone.


Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin, If you dont mind me asking, what caused you to have such a passion for weather? just curious, Was my father that taught me the passion.

Anonymous said...

It's just something I have always been in to I really don't know I have always loved it.

Really Im the only one in my family who is into weather so I have no idea who I get it from.

That and I want to keep people safe
And as I always say you learn something new everyday and Im still learning from mike he alone is a inspiration.

Justin in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

Go Kevin

Anonymous said...

Kevin Burris sounds like a great guy. I mean he really shounds helpful at getting everything back going. He must be a nice sweet young man. I would be very proud of a busy body like him. I am sure he will get a great job someday and might turn into a specal cheif meteriogloist some day. I know thne we will all be safe. He will keep the bad stuff away from us. I am sure you miss him at WLFI if he has left. I know i would!!!!